Sunday 5 August 2012

6 Word Story


The organisers of a new festival in Snowdonia (Festival Number 6- set in the amazing location of Portmeirion village) have launched a fab competition - the winners will get their hands on a pair of tickets for what promises to be an awesome weekend of music and culture.

The theme of the competition is of course, the number 6..... Ernest Hemingway's friends once bet him that he could not write a story in six little words.... The genius writer responded with:

"For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn"

To enter the competition, all you need to do is write your own 6 word story. So far, they've had almost 700 entries... so if you're feeling inspired, hop over to Festival Number 6's facebook page (link here) and have a go.

Of course, the competition got me thinking about writing my own 6 word story. The whole process is pretty addictive once you start thinking about it, and I came up with quite a few ideas; some certainly better than others....

My favourites in the end were:

There was blood again. She cried

and...

Said I do; meant I don't

I've entered both into the competition, so wish them luck!

And if you fancy finding out more about this extraordinary festival in a very special place there is loads more information on the website; click here.

Portmeirion is the beautiful setting for Festival Number 6



No comments:

Post a Comment